A. Y. Jackson Secondary School is a secondary school for grades 9 to 12 located in North York, the northern district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located in the North York community of Toronto.
The school’s facilities and services include the following features: an excellent resource library with contemporary literature and periodicals, updated athletic facilities, both local and wide-area computer networking, well-equipped music, drama, dance, and art rooms, including a kiln for ceramics classes, and full cafeteria services. The newly renovated Food and Nutrition room provides our students with modern cooking facilities. Our atrium, affectionately known as “The Pit” showcases beautiful, student-made advertising posters, flags from around the world, and provides an inviting place for a variety of student activities at the heart of the school.
School Student Services and TDSB Centrally Assigned Guidance Counsellors will help students with all academic or personal problems. Advanced Placement courses are offered in Grade 12 Economics, Calculus & Vectors, and Physics. Enriched programs in Visual Arts, Mathematics, Computer Studies, and Physics
In addition to offering a comprehensive program in English, Science, Math, Canadian and World Studies and the Humanities, A.Y. Jackson offers:
- Core, French Immersion and Spanish courses
- Extensive fine arts course (instrumental music, ceramics, visual arts, drama, dance, and media studies)
- Technological studies including construction, design, communication technology, computer programming
- Physical Education programs that include fitness, exercise science, and core male and female physical education classes
- Cooperative Education program
- Hospitality (Food and Nutrition) program
- Business courses including entrepreneurship, marketing, accounting, and international business
Animé club, art club, Chinese brush painting, French club, yearbook club, library club, computer club, robotic club, chess club, website club, Enigma (school magazine), physics club and more clubs for a variety of other interests. Badminton, basketball, volleyball, flag football team, soccer, swimming, ultimate frisbee, and waterpolo.
|School Types||Grade 10-12|
|Number of Students||1,113|
|School Address||50 Francine Drive, Toronto, ON M2H 2G6|